Cut Bank School District
Distance, Online, and Technology Delivered Learning
For purposes of this policy, “distance learning” is defined as: instruction in which students and teachers are separated by time and/or location with synchronous or asynchronous content, instruction, and communication between student and teacher (e.g., correspondence courses, online learning, videoconferencing, streaming video).
The District may receive and/or provide distance, online, and technology delivered learning programs, provided the following requirements are met:
1. The distance, online, and technology delivered learning programs and/or courses shall meet the learner expectations adopted by the district and be aligned with state content and performance standards;
2. The district shall provide a report to the Superintendent of Public Instruction documenting how it is meeting the needs of students under the accreditation standards who are taking a majority of courses during each grading period via distance, online, and/or technology-delivered programs;
3. The district will provide qualified instructors and/or facilitators as described in ARM 10.55.907(3)(a)(b)(c);
4. The district will ensure that the distance, online, and technology delivered learning facilitators, receive in-service training on technology delivered instruction as described in ARM 10.55.907(3)(d); and
5. The district will comply with all other standards as described in ARM 10.55.907(4)(5)(a-e).
The District will permit a student to enroll in an approved distance learning course, in order that such student may include a greater variety of learning experiences within the student’s educational program.
Credit for distance learning courses may be granted, provided the following requirements are met:
a particular course offering.
The District will not be obligated to pay for a student’s distance learning courses.
Cross Reference: 2410 and 2410P High School Graduation Requirements
Legal Reference: ARM 10.55.602 Definitions
ARM 10.55.705 Administrative personnel; Assignment of School
ARM 10.55.906 High School Credit
ARM 10.55.907 Distance, Online, and Technology Delivered Learning
Adopted on: 2/14/2008
Reviewed on: 1/08/2008