Cut Bank School District
Parents are responsible for seeing that their children of age 7 or older prior to the first day of school attend school, until the later of the following dates:
1. The child's 16th birthday;
2. The date of completion of the work of the eighth grade.
Parents shall enroll the student unless the student is:
1. Provided with supervised correspondence or home study;
2. Excused because of a determination by a district judge that attendance is not in the best interests of the child;
3. Enrolled in a non‑public or home school.
4. Enrolled in a school of another district or state under the tuition provisions of this title.
5. Excused by the Board upon a determination that such attendance by a child who has attained the age of 16 is not in the best interest of the child and the school.
Legal Reference: § 20‑5‑101, MCA Attendance of child to school
§ 20‑5‑103, MCA Compulsory enrollment and excuses
§ 20‑5‑108, MCA Tribal agreement with District for Indian child attendance
§ 20‑5‑104, MCA Attendance Office