NMSAA Spring 2004 Meeting Minutes
by Tara Thielman, Secretary/Treasurer
NMSAA Spring Meeting Minutes
Monday, April 26, 2004
Meeting called to order at 9:10
Reading of previous meeting’s minutes was motioned to approved, seconded, and passed.
Volleyball places in tournament. 8th grade Cut Bank won. 7th grade Chester won.
Move scheduling to end of meeting.
Constitutional wording changes:
- Should schools play one game with every opponent? Use these games only for seeding for tournament. Possible attendance at jamboree tournaments.
- Tim Tharpe’s letter requesting consideration to enter NMSAA for Boys and Girls Basketball and Girls Basketball. NMSAA (Jim) will write back stating that because of scheduling being done today and will have to reapply next year, but will have to participate in BB, VB, & TR.
- Motion to have all member teams will play each other at least one time for tournament seeding purposes. Each year home games will be rotated. First scheduled game will be counted as the conference game. Seconded and voted and passed unanimously.
- Motion to change Constitution BB seeding will be the record (for each NMSAA school) of the first conference game played with each member school. This will determine final four tournament seeding. Delete “common opponents” from Constitution (of tie breaker section). Second and passed unanimously.
- Discussion for having MOA officials for final four tournaments. Discussion took place. Motion for all tournament officials for basketball and volleyball final four will be MOA officials. Seconded and voted unanimously.
- Discussion for Zone defense of 7th grade basketball. Coaches and officials should be apprized of and be made to enforce the zone rule for 7th graders and the 10 pt. rule for the press at the beginning of the season.
- We have $620.07 in checking account. Motion to suspend dues for 2004-2005 seasons stipend. Seconded and passed unanimously.
- Secretary’s salary discussion. Motion to increase salary to $100.00. Sectioned and passed unanimously.
- Fall meeting scheduled on Monday, October, 25, 2004 at 9:00AM. Final four will be Saturday, October 30, 2004.
- Jim Gregg and Tara Thielman were reelected unanimously.
- Basketball scheduling took place.
- Meeting adjourned at 2:00 PM.