NMSAA Winter 2004 Meeting Minutes
by Tara Thielman, Secretary/Treasurer
NMSAA Winter Meeting Minutes
Monday, January 19, 2004
Meeting called to order 9:07 AM
Introductions for new people took place.
Basketball records were added to seeding sheet.
Items for discussion include
- Valier and Heart Butte going into tournament. Valier needed to have two 8th graders play on 7th grade team and tournament. Heart Butte made the same request because of transfers. Browning and Sunburst requested only one 8th grader on a team at a time. Speak to coaches regarding 2 or 3 players on the floor at a time in a 7th grade team.
- Heart Butte will play in the 7th grade tourney with both 8th graders.
- Ray Wanty discussed that everyone should play everyone else at least once for making conference play equal. Some schools may not be able to play because of number of game or mileage restrictions. Talk with administration and coaches about scheduling every team at least once. Only these games would count for conference games. Anything over and above wouldn’t count for tournament seeding.
- Certified MOA’s for Final Four Tournaments for basketball and volleyball discussion took place. Take this back to coaches and administration and bring back information for the spring meeting.
- Discussion of Wrestling Schedule. It is correct for this season. Talk to coaches about pulling the District Wrestling out of Browning for this year if it has to be at the Browning Middle School.
- Discussion of Track Schedule.
- Dues for new schools will be paid for the beginning of next year.
- Discussion of raising the NMSAA Secretary’s salary to $100.00 per year. Will be voted on at spring meeting.
Seeding for Boys’ basketball took place.
This week make sure preliminary tournament game results are sent to Jim ASAP.
Volleyball host teams report results ASAP to Jim to keep website up-to-date.
Motion to have a directive to designated record keeper look at head to head wins/losses to determine any possible ties in records for tournament seeding. Motion seconded. Motion passed unanimously.
Spring Meeting will be Monday, April 26, 2004 9:00 AM. Plan on all day.
Meeting adjourned at 10:30 AM.